Thanks for your interest in guest posting on Epic Mommy Adventures!
I’m always interested in receiving well-written, unique posts from a variety of standpoints which will encourage and inspire my readers.
Epic Mommy Adventures has gone through some changes in 2015, and those changes have impacted the types of guest posts that we’re accepting. If you have a proposed post that fits within these series, please make sure to follow the guidance below.
Guest Post Guidelines
Before submitting your post for consideration, please note the following guidelines:
- Submission of your guest post does not guarantee publication. Your submission will be reviewed and if it will benefit Epic Mommy Adventures readers, it is likely to be published.
- Posts must be high-quality, original content. Posts must not be published anywhere else.
- Please limit your post to 1,000 words or less.
- Submissions with a “visit my site” or “check out my product” type feel will not be accepted. Likewise, submissions which appear to be strictly PR- or SEO-related will not be accepted.
- Please make a concerted effort to use correct spelling, grammar and punctuation. Due to time constraints, submissions which require excessive editing cannot be accepted.
- Make sure any links in your post are relevant and valid. Links deemed to be irrelevant to the main idea of your post will be removed without notice. Likewise, any non-working links will be removed without notice.
- Use of bullets, lists and short paragraphs is highly encouraged as it makes reading much easier.
- Submit proposed post via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with 1-2 relevant images, an author’s bio and an author’s picture. Any submissions missing any of the relevant pieces may be delayed in reviewing and scheduling.
- A sample of other posts written can be used to gauge interest. Please provide a topic(s) of interest, along with links to a few guest post previously written.
- Guest posts will be scheduled within 4-6 weeks of review of the proposed post.
- Make sure you are available for contributing to the comments once your post has been published. This will happen over a three-day period (approximately). You’ll have to wait for me to approve all comments, but when I do, you just hit “reply” on the comments you want to respond to. (I’d prefer it if you responded to everyone!)
If your guest post is accepted, it usually takes between 1 to 3 months for your guest post to be published. I do my best to notify you within 4-6 weeks if your guest post is not accepted for publication so that you can submit it to another blog.
If you submit a query (i.e. an idea for a guest post as opposed to a guest post submission in full), I will review it and contact you if I am interested in pursuing the next step. If you do not hear from me within 2-4 weeks after submitting your query, you may assume I do not think it is a good fit for my readers.
Typically, I publish 1-2 guest posts per week, so depending on how many guest posts are in the queue, it could be some time before your post is published. Due to the fluidity of blogging and the time-sensitive nature of my content, I generally cannot tell you the exact date your post will be published ahead of time. However, I do my best to notify you the day your post goes live.
Topics of Interest:
I’m interested in having some guest bloggers on a multitude of topics; however, I am most interested in the topics addressed most often on Epic Mommy Adventures.
Here are some of the topics that I’d love to receive guest posts:
- Single parenting
- Raising babies, toddlers, and preschoolers
- Current issues facing moms
I am also interested in other topics. You must be very creative, as I am going to be very selective in topics outside of the ones mentioned above.
How To Submit a Guest Post:
If you would like to submit your guest post for review, please email your proposed post to email@example.com with “Guest Post Submission” in the subject line.
Please include the following:
- Your full name.
- The URL of your blog or website (if applicable).
- Your post title.
- The body of your post (can be attached using Word or in the body of the e-mail).
- Attach 1-2 relevant images to the e-mail separately. Do not include the images in your post.
- An author’s bio and author’s picture.
All guest blog posts will be shared on my Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google+ accounts. Also, guest posts will be shared on Google+ communities.